This internship position will be responsible for assisting the various departments within a construction management company with their daily tasks as well as learning the overall elements of the general contracting/ construction industry. The internship will range between 10-weeks, full time and 16-weeks part time based on the requirements of the school’s internship program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Observing and /or interacting with various professionals related to the construction field including owners, architects, subcontractors and vendors
• Attending staff and departmental meetings on an ongoing basis and any appropriate management or coordination meetings.
• Completing, updating and distributing project management communications of various types such as purchase orders, safety inspections, material and labor logs, inventory and meeting minutes.
• Assisting with the overall project management responsibilities including, account management, billing, scheduling, estimating, budgeting and coordination of subcontractors and vendors.
• Assist estimators on various aspects of the bid process. Learn how to gather all the necessary information for a project and compile a bid under the direction of the Chief Estimator with the opportunity to bid projects independently.
Work Experience & Requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work with others as a team player
• Organized with strong technical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interface with subcontractors, suppliers and designers while developing a bid as needed
• Knowledge of estimating multiple building/project types
• Computer proficiency in the Windows environment
• Internship for upcoming Bachelors Degree in construction or business related field
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Hiring Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org